Proforma, PPAI 100’s No. 5 distributor, has added a new member to its executive team. Industry veteran Charity Gibson has been hired in the role of chief marketing officer.
Gibson comes to Proforma from Peerless Umbrella where she spent six years as a national account coordinator.
- Previous to her role at Peerless Umbrella, Gibson was a founding chef of PromoKitchen, where she has volunteered for over 10 years. She hosted the podcast Badass Women of Promo.
- Her prior experience include president roles at Swag on Demand and Green Banana Promos.
- Gibson has also volunteered on several committees for PPAI and regional associations. In 2017 she was named a PPAI Rising Star and she has been a regular member of PPAI Media's #Online18 listing of promo's best on social media.
“It is no secret that Charity is one of the industry’s top voices as it pertains to marketing and is well respected as a thought leader and innovator,” says Vera Muzzillo, Proforma CEO. “She brings with her an unrivaled passion and vision for brand development and storytelling, and we are confident that her leadership and strategies will propel our distributors, sales professionals, and end-buyer customers to an entirely new level of success.”
In her role as chief marketing officer, Gibson will oversee Proforma’s marketing department. This will include areas such as:
- Brand positioning
- Market analysis and research
- Industry recruitment
- Customer acquisition and growth
- Design input for implementation of artificial intelligence, machine learning and algorithmic marketing initiatives.
“With more than 20 years in this industry, my experience now spans across nearly all channels of the industry,” Gibson says. “There is no one who does technology, training, leadership development, sales growth, supplier relations and community building better than Proforma. I couldn't be more thrilled for the opportunity to bring my knowledge, skillset, and passion for our medium to this organization full of true champions.”
Peerless Umbrella ranked as the No. 21 leading supplier in the promotional products industry in the inaugural PPAI 100 list.
Written by Jonny Auping
Published with Permission from PPAI